Statement of Faith
Summit Academy of Southwest Ohio provides both religious and academic instruction in accordance with the following Statement of Faith:
- There is one God, eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, His Son Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit.
- The Bible is the divinely inspired, the only infallible, written Word of God. Its assertions are factually true in all of the original writings. It is the supreme authority in everything it teaches.
- Jesus Christ came to earth as God in human flesh. He was born of the virgin Mary, lived a sinless life on earth, spoke words of truth, performed miracles, and willingly gave His life as an atoning sacrifice for the sins of all who believe in Him.
- Jesus Christ rose from the dead in bodily form, ascended to heaven, and is currently seated at the right hand of God the Father. He shall return in person to this earth as Judge of the living and the dead.
- The account of origins presented in Genesis is a simple but factual presentation of actual events and therefore provides reliable information about the origin and history of life, mankind, the earth, and the universe.
- The special creation of Adam (the first man) and Eve (the first woman), and their subsequent fall into sin, is the basis for the necessity of salvation for mankind.
- Death (both physical and spiritual) entered into this world subsequent to and as a direct consequence of human sin.
- All mankind are sinners, inherently from Adam and individually by choice, and are therefore deserving of God’s wrath and condemnation.
- Freedom from the penalty and power of sin is available to man only through the sacrificial death and shed blood of Jesus Christ and His complete and bodily resurrection from the dead.
- Salvation is a gift received by faith alone in Christ alone and expressed in the individual’s repentance, recognition of the death of Christ as full payment for sin, and acceptance of the risen Christ as Savior, Lord, and God.
- The Holy Spirit enables the sinner to repent and believe in Jesus Christ.
- The Holy Spirit lives and works in each believer to produce the fruits of righteousness.
- Satan is the spiritual adversary of both God and mankind.
- Those who do not believe in Christ are subject to everlasting conscious punishment, but believers enjoy eternal life with God.